What is Bhumiamalaki?
Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus Niruri) is an effective hepatomegaly ayurvedic medicine. It is a tropical weed that grows extensively in the coastal areas. The herb lies close to the ground and is thus known as ‘Bhumi Amla’. Since it grows to only about 50 cm, it is similar to Amla in appearance. Bhumi Amla is used in Ayurvedic medicine as an herbal powder or juice and is extremely beneficial in the treatment of jaundice.
Is Bhumi Amla good for kidney stones?
Bhumi Amla is known as a stone breaker and helps in reducing the risk of kidney stones. It increases urinary excretion of magnesium and potassium and reduces urinary oxalate in patients with hyperoxaluria.
How to use Bhumiamalaki?
Bhumi Amla Juice:
a. Take 2-4 teaspoons of Bhumi Amla juice
b. Mix with 1 glass of water
c. Take it before breakfast once a day
Bhumi Amla Churna
a. Take ¼-½ teaspoon of Bhumi Amla Churna
b. Mix it with honey or water
c. Have it after lunch and dinner twice a day
Bhumi Amla Capsule - Take 1-2 Bhumi Amla capsules with water after lunch and dinner.
What are the medicinal properties of Bhumiamalaki?
Bhumi Amla has several uses. It is an effective medicine that has proved its worth by fighting against many diseases. Some of the most popular uses of this herb are enlisted below:
- It balances the Pitta dosha and thus protects the liver and spleen by treating inflammation.
- Treats gallbladder stones, hepatomegaly, splenomegaly, and hepatitis.
- It improves taste and treats anorexia.
- First-rate remedy for anemia, bleeding disorders, neuropathy, excessive thirst, urinary disorders, asthma, chronic respiratory disorders, UTI and diabetes.
- It has antispasmodic, appetite promoting, antihepatotoxic and laxative properties.
Can Bhumiamalaki be consumed before or after meals?
Bhumiamalaki must be consumed in a quantity of one to two teaspoons with water after meals.
Can Bhumiamalaki be consumed with alcohol?
No, Bhumiamalaki should not be consumed with alcohol. One must consume it with lukewarm water and under medical supervision.
Can Bhumiamlaki be addictive?
Bhumi Amla is not addictive. You must follow the dose prescribed by an Ayurvedic doctor and never self-medicate.
Can Bhumiamlaki make you drowsy?
No. It does not contain any sedating ingredients. It rather makes your immune system stronger and makes you active.
What are its storage requirements?
It is recommended to store Bhumiamalaki in an air-tight container. Keep it away from direct sun and store in a cool and dry place. It must be kept away from the reach of children.
How long do I need to use Bhumiamlaki to see improvement in my condition?
It starts showing its effect within a few months. You must still consult a qualified Ayurvedic doctor for detailed information.
Does it have any effect on breastfeeding?
This must be thoroughly discussed with the doctor. Lactating mothers must exercise caution in consuming Bhumi Amla.
What are the benefits of taking the Bhumiamalaki herb?
- Anti-viral - Bhumi Amla serves as an antiviral herb and offers protection against several viruses.
- Anti-cancer - Bhumi Amla provides natural protection and treatment against cancerous diseases. It possesses chemical compounds that help to cure the disease proactively.
- Anti-inflammatory - Bhumi Amla has anti-inflammatory properties that are useful in curing viral fever and help to ease away pain during the menstrual cycle. Besides, this herb also cures inflammation of the liver.
- Anti-bacterial - This property of the herb helps the body to fight several bacteria which in turn, strengthens the immune system.
- Carminative - Primary ingredients like Amla relax the gastro-intestinal system, thereby giving relief to the stomach and suppressing flatulence.
- Hypotensive - Bhumi Amla is very useful in calming nerves in high blood pressure. It streamlines the flow of blood and normalizes the pumping of blood from the heart.