Nirogam’s Pushya kit for:
Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding,
Nirogam's PUSHYA KIT contain a Month's dose of
1. Musaleekhadiradi Kashayam 200ml x 4
2. Asokarishtam 450ml x 4
3. Pushyanugam Choornam 50gm x 4
Musalikhadiradi kashayam - 15ml +60 ml warm water, 1 hour before breakfast and dinner.
Asokarishtam - 20 ml after meals, thrice a day.
Pushyanuga churnam - 5gms with 1tsp of honey and rice washed water (or warm water) in the morning on an empty stomach.
Musali khadiradi kashayam
Musli Khadiradi kashayam is an Ayurvedic liquid decoction. It is used to treat wide range of gynaecological conditions like leucorrhoea and menorrhagia. The effectiveness of this medicine in the gynecological diseases makes it hold a good position in traditional kerala system of ayurvedic practice.
- Leucorrhoea (excesssive white discharge between periods)
- Menorrhagia and Metrorrhagia (intermittent or excessive menstrual bleeding)
- Heals the inflammation in the vagina or cervix (vaginitis/cervicitis)
- Heals the infections in the female genital tract.
It is known to balance the pitta and kapha dosha. Effectively reduces heavy uterine bleeding and leucorrhea.
15ml Kashayam + 60 ml warm water twice a day , one hour before meal or as directed by the physician.
Anupana (co – drink):
- Warm water
Musli (Curculigo orchioides)
Khadira (Acacia catechu)
Amalaka (Emblica officinalis)
Trikanta (Tribulus terrestris)
Jambu (Eugenia jambolana)
Vari (Asparagus racemosus)
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- There are no known side-effects of medicine.
- It can be safely taken during breastfeeding.
- Do not take any medicine during pregnancy without consulting doctor.
Ashokarishtam is considered as a uterine tonic in treatment of several gynecological disorders heavy uterine bleeding, heavy menstrual periods, imbalanced female hormones, PCOS, menopausal osteoporosis, ovarian cyst and uterine polyps. It corrects abnormal uterine bleeding and dysmenorrhea.
Ashokarishta has stambhana (“stops the flow of”) action. It contricts the blood vessels of the uterus. This combination gives strength to the uterine musculature, relieves swelling and digests ama. It promotes hormonal balance and helps in conception.
This medicine can be safely taken during lactation.
- Ashoka (Saraca asoca)
- Guda (Jaggery)
- Dhataki (Woodfordia fruticosa)
- Shveta Jiraka (Cuminum cyminum)
- Mustaka (Cyperus rotundus)
- Sunthi (Zingiber officinale)
- Darvi (Berberis aristata)
- Utpala (Nymphaea stellata)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Bibhitaka (Terminalia bellerica)
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Amrasthi (Mangifera indica)
- Jiraka (Cuminum cyminum)
- Vasa (Adhatoda vasica)
- Shveta Candana ( Santalum album)
Recommended diet and lifestyle while taking Ashokarishtam:
- Take a bland diet without spice, Salt and Sour taste.
- Avoid intake of alcohol, pickles, junk foods.
- Avoid exposure to sun
20ml after food, twice a day or as directed by the physician.
- This medicine contains 3-9% self generated alcohol in it. Hence should be diluted according to the age and strength of each individual.
- Ashokarishta is possibly safeand well-tolerated in most of the women. However some may experience acidity and heart burn.
- Since the preparation contains jaggery, it should be taken by diabetics with caution.
- It should not be taken during pregnancy.
- It is always better to consult an ayurvedic physician before taking any ayurvedic medicine.
Pushyanuga Choornam is a famous Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal powder form. It is used in the Ayurvedic treatment for bleeding disorders. The name pushyanuga is significant because the text mentions to collect the ingredients on the day when pushya nakshatra is seen.
- Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding
- Bleeding piles
- Bleeding disorders
- Diarrhea/ dysentery
- IBS -D
- Excessive menstrual bleeding of various aetiology
- Excessive menstrual bleeding phase of PCOS
Pushyanuga choornam is known to pacify the vata, pitta and kapha doshas, causes constriction of the channels thereby reducing the excessive flow of blood or other water elements. It has remarkable effects on the reproductive system.
5-10 grams per day, once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by your doctor
Pushyanuga choornam is taken along with honey and rice washed water.
- Patha – Cyclea peltata
- Jambu-bija majja – Eugenia jambolana
- Amra- bija majja – Mango seed
- Shilabheda (Pasanabheda) – Aerua lanata
- Rasanjana ( Daruharidra ) – Berberis aristata
- Ambasthaki – Cissampelos pareira
- Mocharasa (Shalmali) – Salmalia malabarica
- Samanga (lajjalu) – Mimosa pudica
- Padma kesara (Kamala) – Nelumbo nucifera
- Vahlika (Kumkuma) – Crocus sativus
- Ativisa – Aconitum heterophyllum
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos
- Lodhra – Symplocos racemosa
- Gairika – Red Ochre
- Katphala – Myrica nagi
- Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Shunti – Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
- Mrdvika (Draksha) – Raisins – Vitis vinifera
- Rakta candana – Pterocarpus santalinus
- Katvanga (Araluka) – Oroxylum indicum
- Vatsaka (Kutaja) – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Anantha (Shwetasariva) – Hemidesmus indicus
- Dhataki – Woodfordia fruticosa
- Madhuka (Yasti) – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Arjuna – Terminalia arjuna
Recommended diet and lifestyle while taking Pushyanuga choornam:
- Take wholesome diet which is easy to digest.
- Avoid intake of curd, alcohol, pickles, junk foods and refrigerated drinks.
- Avoid travelling and excessive physical exertion.
It is always better to consult an ayurvedic physician before taking any ayurvedic medicine.