The cause for increase in your waistline size is either due to increase in caloric intake or due to change in hormones or decrease in muscle mass as your age increases.
To reduce belly fat,you may try these home remedies:
- A glass of warm lime juice (it should not be very hot) mixed with honey should be taken daily morning on an empty stomach. You may also add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of pepper powder.
- Red kidney beans, dark beans, lentils, chick peas should be included in your diet as it will add to your protein intake. This will build your muscle mass and reduce your belly fat.
- Drink a glass of bottle gourd (lauki) juice daily.
- Blend mint leaves, coriander leaves and curry leaves. Add some lemon juice and make a mint chutney. This should be taken regularly.
- Try to drink green tea or peppermint tea instead of regular tea or coffee with milk.
- Vitamin C helps to diminish stomach fat. Have gooseberry, orange, lemon, papaya, green leafy vegetables, cabbage and cauliflower.
- Seasoned buttermilk added with curry leaves should be taken daily instead of curds.
- Avoid repeated snacking, take 3 main meals, in which dinner should be lightest and should be taken 2 hours before going to bed.
- Always eat 3/4th of your stomach capacity. Never over eat. if you have a heavy feast, skip the next meal and sip either lukewarm water or green tea.
- Most important is exercise. Perform aerobic exercises, stomach and abdominal crunches. Yoga poses like suryanamaskara, tadasana, paschimothanasana, pavanamuktasaa, bhujangasana, dhanurasana will help to lose belly fat. Kindly consult an experienced yoga instructor, who would be able to guide you better.
Belly fat may be dangerous, which puts you in risk of developing cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes. Hence, try to shed your extra weight with a healthy diet and exercise in slow and steady fashion. This will keep you away from getting back your lost weight. Aim to lose approximately 3 kgs of weight in a month.
To get more info and to buy Ayurvedic products that can help you lose weight, please click on the links below:
Weight Loss and Weight Management with Tried and Tested Ayurvedic Products