Shalabh asana relieves acidity, indigestion and nervous tension. It also improves the blood circulation and relaxes the spinal muscles.
Steps to do Shalabh asana:
– Lie down on the floor mat on your abdomen.
– Rest your chin on the floor and keep the arms at your sides.
– Keep your heels and legs together.
– Fold your palms into Aadi mudra (thumb at the base of the little finger and rest of the fingers wrapping the thumb) and put them under your groin area.
– Inhale while lifting both your legs together (up to 6 inches above the floor) while your chin is resting on the ground.
– While lifting the legs pressure must be applied to the fists and do not bend the legs.
– Breathe deeply for 10 seconds in this pose and exhaling slowly bring your legs down.
– Repeat thrice. Feel the stretch on your back and relax.