Want to lose that post pregnancy fat? Dreaming of a pre-baby body shape? Wondering if its possible to fit back into the old wardrobe once again? Undoubtedly, its possible. But, it requires dedication. Unflinching dedication.
The famous Bollywood diva, Shilpa Shetty got back to her old jeans within 10 months after her pregnancy. Though she acknowledges that she has a good genetic constitution when it comes to active metabolism, she adds proudly that it is also because of her untiring efforts.
How did Shilpa get back to shape so fast?
Losing weight requires a disciplined life. If it were as easy as just foregoing a few foods for some days then most people wouldn't be struggling with it.
Shilpa began her weight loss and fitness program when her son was 5.5 months old. She used to do one hour of fitness training four times a week. This was for core strength. She practised yoga once a week. Eating a balanced diet worked wonders for her.
Finding the discipline to lose weight requires concentrated, ongoing effort to make it possible.
Below are some tips to be kept in mind that will help you lose the baby fat –
- Planning well ahead, setting realistic expectations and talking positively to yourself in preparation everyday is how you can ideally start your journey back to your old physical self.
- Avoid all kinds of fad diets that eliminate entire food groups and do not stay hungry. Eat 5-6 smaller meals rather than 3 large meals and fill your diet with a variety of nutrient-rich meals containing lean protein, whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables and plenty of low-fat dairy products. Munch of fresh salads or a handful of nuts instead of biting into empty-calorie foods like sodas and chips.
- Women who breastfeed burn extra calories to make milk. They usually lose pregnancy weight faster than women who don't nurse. So, breastfeeding especially in the early months after childbirth is very beneficial for both your little one and you.
- Join new mommy groups, find people in the neigbhourhood and friends who can help you stay motivated and give you positive support.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day. It prevents you from getting dehydrated. You also feel full after drinking water and so don't eat too much then. Some research has found that it may speed up your metabolism.
- Since you are already pressed on time, you may want to do high intensity interval training. Thirty minutes of alternating spurts of high intensity exercise followed by a rest phase stimulates metabolism and burns calories faster in lesser time.
- Do simple household chores and start kicking in to an active lifestyle. Just jog in one place or walk around from one end of the room to another for 10-15 minutes daily. Put on your favorite song and dance till you feel light.
Though you are not answerable to anyone, staying accountable and responsible to your own self will keep you focused on your target.
Nothing can stop you from losing that post pregnancy belly, but you. Nothing can help you in the process of losing weight, but a disciplined life.
Dear readers, if you were successful in getting back to shape quickly do share your stories in the comments section. This will help the other mothers like you 🙂