Wear as well as tear of the connective tissue better known as ligaments is a common physical injury. Mostly, it affects people who are actively involved in physical workouts and activities. A sprain can be explained as a physical injury in which the ligaments or the tissues about and around the hurt joint are ruptured. The tissues are very delicate and exceedingly soft. The purpose of tissues is to bond two or more bones with each other in the form of a joint. When a sprain happens then one or more tissues are torn or ruptured. The tissues of the wrists, knees and angles are highly prone to sprains. A sprain commonly happens due to a sudden fall, a strong blow to the joint, abrupt twisting, stepping or tripping on a rough surface, while lifting heavy things and excessive stretching of the tissues. A sprain is not a fracture but it can be equally painful. Now we will tell you about some simple home cures to treat a sprain.
Home Cures For Sprain:
1. This is the most efficient remedy to cure a sprain. Simply apply a cold compress on the injured area and secure it with a bandage for a short while. Repeat this three to four times in a day.
2. If you have sprained your foot then take a bandage and put a tablespoon of grounded coffee in it. Place this bandage on your affected foot and tie it moderately.
3. This is a tried home remedy to cure sprains. Simply take the outer leaves of a fresh cabbage and soak them in water for an hour. Take the leaves out of the water and wrap the affected area with them. Leave them on for ten to fifteen minutes.
4. Take a bowl and fill it with warm water. Add some drops of lavender essential oil to it and soak the affected body part in this water.
5. This is a very old home remedy. Gently massage the sprained area with a mixture of garlic oil and almond oil. Do this atleast twice a day for get rid of the pain and swelling.
6. Finely chop half an onion and put it in a clean muslin cloth. Now wrap the cloth of the sprained area and leave it on for a while.
7. Take sunflower oil in a cup and add one teaspoon of camphor essential oil in it. Gently rub the sprained part with this mixture. This is very effective in reducing the pain from the affected area.
8. This is also an excessively effective oil mix. Mix two tablespoon of sunflower oil along with one tablespoon of turpentine oil. Gently massage the affected area with this oil mix every day. You can even store this oil mixture in a glass jar for days.
9. An alternative way to get pain relief if to eat lots of pineapple.
10. Another way to heal a sprain is to wash the affected area with warm Epsom salt bath.
11. In a warm glass of milk add ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder. Have this milk atleast twice in a day. This remedy is effective for all kind of body pains.
12. Take a teaspoon of honey and mix one teaspoon of fresh lime juice to it. Massage the sprained part with this mixture as often as you like.