Celery is a member of the parsley family of plants and there are many health benefits of celery seeds that we can get. The botanical name of celery is Apium graviolens. Celery is commonly grown in India and France and several other parts of the world. It is crispy and crunchy in taste. The celery seed is obtained by drying the celery fruit. The celery seeds have less calorific value and are high in nutrition. It has several medicinal properties as well.
Some of the many benefits of celery seeds are:
1. Its cancer fighting ability. It has some active components that are helpful in fighting cancerous tumor such as polyacetylenes and phthalides.
2. It helps in managing blood pressure levels. Having celery seeds everyday helps in promoting good blood pressure levels.
3. It protects as well as reverses the bad effects of acetaminophen on the liver, which is an analgesic. Having celery seeds every day balances the harmful effect on the liver.
4. It has the ability to reduce the cholesterol level. Herbal experts often use celery seeds to cure circulatory system problems.
5. It has many nutrients as well as substances such as flavonoids, linoleic acid, coumarins and several volatile oils. Because of the presence of these components, celery seeds are helpful in curing many diseases.
6. It is known to have anti inflammatory agents. Having celery seeds everyday helps in treating pain and inflammation of the joints due to gout, rheumatism as well as arthritis.
7. It stimulates the uterus and helps in easing muscle spasms, especially related to the female reproductive system. Celery seeds are helpful in easing menstrual cramps and pains.
8. It is diuretic in nature and this helps flush out the toxins along with extra water from the body. This is also useful for people with kidney stones, water retention, as well as gout. Celery seeds do not permit extra accumulation of uric acid or fluids in the human body.
9. It is an antibiotic as well as an antiseptic and are useful in curing infection of the urinary tract. Herbal experts have recommended the consumption of celery seeds to treat bladder ailments, kidney troubles and cystitis.
You can add dried celery seeds to your food, this will help enhance the spicy flavor and make your food more nutritious. The benefits of celery seeds are definitely helpful for maintaining a healthy body in the natural way.