Know what you lose by not eating these top 6 seeds?
The common adage ‘best things come in small packages’ must definitely have been made keeping those tiny seeds that are a power pack of nutrients. If you aren’t eating these nutrient powerhouses your body is badly missing out on some essential nutrients. Crunch into good health with these 6 miracle seeds mentioned below.
1. Chia Seeds – Were you looking for an alternate to milk for your body’s calcium needs? Go for chia seeds. They contain three-five times more calcium than milk. These nature’s wonder regulates blood sugar and is therefore very good for diabetics. Chia seeds contain boron that is needed to aid the metabolism of calcium and phosphorus in bones and for muscle growth. Known to be the whole-food source levels of Omega-3 acids they are essential in absorbing fat soluble vitamins such as Vit. A, D, E, & K. You can have them early in the morning with a glass of water. When baking, chia gel (chia seeds when soaked form a jelly substance) can be used as a substitute for butter.
2. Flax Seeds – Adding flax seeds to your regular diet can help with cleaning the colon. This is because they are a rich source of mucilage that assures a healthy intestine and proper absorption of nutrients. They contain the good fats, Omega- 3 essential fatty acids that have heart-healthy effects. Recent studies have shown that these nutty flavored seeds may have a protective effect against breast cancer, prostate cancer and colon cancer. It helps women who have excessive bleeding during menstruation, have PMS symptoms and irregular periods.
3. Pumpkin Seeds – Rich in zinc, magnesium and other beneficial minerals, the pumpkin seeds offer a host of health benefits. Our bodies are constantly trying to achieve a state of equilibrium at a pH of about 7.4, which is slightly alkaline. This is the only seed that is alkaline forming. It is good for prostate health and also helps prevent kidney stone formation . High content of Vit. B in them nourishes the nervous system and regulates sleep rhythm. Roast or toast them, the sweet or chilly way depending on your taste and enjoy a handful of them everyday.
4. Hemp Seeds – If you are a vegan, pick these up to fulfill your body’s protein requirement. They are a complete protein and contain all of the essential amino acids. They are a more digestible protein than eggs, meat and milk products. They provide an array of minerals like zinc, phosphorus, calcium and magnesium. Add a handful of them to your smoothies to enjoy a creamier, healthier and more satisfying drink.
5. Melon Seeds – They make an ideal snack and also add a nutty flavor to salads and pasta. A rich source of iron, vitamins and these cream colored seeds are great for your health, skin and hair. Boil a handful of watermelon seeds in water and drink this water every day like tea. It is said to control the blood sugar levels. Eating them regularly can keep pre-mature ageing at bay. Low in calories and high in fiber they are your friends in weight loss.
6. Sunflower Seeds – Munch on some sunflower seeds and benefit from their high nutritional value. One of the rich sources of Vit. E they help to prevent cardiovascular disease, boosts the immune system and also promote healthy skin, hair and nails. Owing to their high content of dietary fiber, sunflower seeds eaten raw can aid in digesting food and even cure constipation. It also contains copper which is vital for maintaining a healthy skin.
So start finding ways to include these nourishing seeds in your daily diet regimen and share them with us.
I’m out to buy a few packets of them now, what about you?