Do you feel irritated by that nagging back pain in your lower back after a long, tiresome day ?
Blame it on your sedentary lifestyle, posture problems and stress.
Almost everyone of us seems to get a backache at some point of your life. This acute back pain can make our everyday life extremely difficult and uncomfortable.
Skip the painkillers.
Try an Ayurvedic oil massage to reduce this pain and get some sustained relief.
Ayurvedic experts feel that back pain mainly occurs due to poor or unhealthy diet and bad posture. This in turn results in the lack of flexibility of the muscles. This further leads to severe pain in the upper, middle or lower back.
Ayurvedic (Herbal) Oils for Back Pain Relief
- Mahanarayan Oil – is a popular traditional Ayurvedic oil for back pain. Owing to its rejuvenating and analgesic qualities, when massaged directly on the skin it helps to soothe sore muscles and tendons. This oil helps to detoxify the deep layers of the skin and muscles. Mahanarayan oil also improves blood circulation and loosen tight muscles. Massage daily on entire body for 3 to 6 months. Mahanarayan Oil for back pain is a very famous herbal oil used in Ayurvedic treatment of arthritis, paralysis, and eye diseases
- Ashwagandha Oil – nourishes the bones, muscles and tissues. Back pain is linked to Vata dosha in the body and this is an excellent oil for reducing Vata disorders such as nerve or muscle pain. It has relaxing properties that eases pain and also reduces muscle spasm.
- Vata Samana Thailam – prepared by the mixture of garlic, sathapushpa, sesame and neem oil base massaging with this oil helps in reducing muscular and back pain. When the muscles are overworked, they start to ache. Through this oil massage, it warms the skin and the underlying muscles. Regular massage has shown improvements in reducing pain and stiffness. It is a good Ayurvedic massage oil for back pain or Ayurvedic thailam for back pain.
- Karpooradi Oil – with a major ingredient, tree camphor, it is called a magic healer. It is used to relieve muscular pain, joint pain, joint stiffness and rheumatoid complaints. Warm the oil slightly and rub on the affected area to ease numbness and improve blood circulation.
- Murivenna – prepared in coconut oil it possesses anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. It soothes pain, stiffness and inflammation. Application of murivenna every day over the torso from side to side is said to increase metabolism as well.
- Dhanwantharam Oil – used for several health conditions including arthritis, spondylitis and nervous disorders it relieves numb muscles and blocks caused in the body. A regular massage also improves blood circulation along with helping the skin in getting rid of toxins.
- Kottamchukkadi Thailam – very useful combination of herbs processed in sesame oil. It is used in arthritis, spondylosis, myalgia and sciatica. It has proven to be very efficient in the treatment of arthritic ailments like pain, swelling, stiffness and limited mobility in the joints.
Ayurvedic oil for back pain are non toxic and non-irritating and are considered to be safe.
However, it is always best to check with an Ayurvedic expert who will treat you according to your symptoms and condition. Ensure that you discuss your individual symptoms to determine the correct diagnosis and treatment plan before choosing Ayurvedic Massage oil for back pain.