Herbal remedies are becoming popular day by day. As the name suggest that solution that deals with herbs, comes under herbal remedies. Herbal remedies are the herbal solutions that are helping people world wide in finding new paths of achieving great health benefits. These are the solutions that are easy to adapt and there is also no need to consult a doctor even for consuming them as there are non toxic and safe for consumption. Hence it saves your time and more importantly your hard earned money.
Herbal remedies basically are derived from ayurveda. As we know that ayurveda is a science that deals with herbs and natural method for treating any disorders. You will be surprised to know that most of material used in performing these remedies is found in our kitchen.
Herbal remedies can be used in any aspect of life and is beneficial in treating almost all ailments that commonly affects us. In India, our grand parents will always have some herbal remedy that will definitely help you relieving you from any kind of problem you might be suffering from.
Below are some of the home remedies specifically mentioned for treating diseases.
· Aloe vera for burn injuries – Aloe vera is an herb that is generally seen in arid or dry areas. This herb has gained its popularity as a wonderful skin tonic and also is used a beautifying agent. It is a part of every beauty saloon and is widely used in providing smoothness to the skin but not many people are familiar with one more quality that aloe vera possess. It has excellent results in burn injuries. Due to its cold potency it helps in cooling down the burning sensation that is cased due to fire of electric current. It is also quite effective in fading away the burn scar that are caused and are very effective in beautifying the affected area.
· Shallaki for arthritis – Shallaki commonly known as boswellia. It is very similar to Guggul (commiphora mukul) and is known as salai Guggul in ayurveda. It is the herb that is very frequently used in relieving from pain and also is very helpful in suppressing inflammation in the body and is used since prehistoric times in India. It is also helpful in maintaining the proper synovial fluid in the joint.
· Triphala as antioxidant – it will be very difficult to find a person who is not touched with the magic of triphala. Triphala is not only effective in rejuvenating our body but is also very effective in detoxification of our body. This detoxification not only helps in eliminating the toxins in our body but also prevents free radicals formation there by preventing the early aging process. Triphala is also one of the best antioxidant and improves the body immunity. It is more commonly used as mild laxative and is non habit forming.
· Ashwagandha for physical stamina – Ashwagandha is the herb that is widely used throughout ayurvedic world in curing almost every disease. It not only helps in improving the diseased condition but also helps in increasing the physical stamina of the body. It also increases the sexual vigor of the body and makes a person strong and active just like a horse. It is also widely used in suppressing pain and reducing any inflammatory condition that might occur in the body.
· Ginger for digestion – ginger is an herb that can be found in every Indian kitchen. It is one of the most widely used herb that not only increases the aroma of the food but also keeps our digestive tract in proper shape. It also helps in maintaining the proper peristaltic movements and is one of the best remedies for people troubled by flatulence. It is effective in treating stomach aches as it removes spasms from the stomach muscles and relaxes them. Ginger is a part of many ayurvedic medicines and also has some tendencies to maintain the normal levels of cholesterol.
· Guggul for decreasing cholesterol – Guggul is an herb that is widely used in preparations of ayurvedic medicines. It has two qualities that has lead to so much of its usage. One is its sticky nature that is very essential in preparing the tablets. Secondly it is widely used in suppressing the heart related problems especially reducing the cholesterol level to maintain it to normal. It is also used as an analgesic agent that is effective in reducing pain in the body.
· Garlic as antibiotic – garlic or allium sativum is used throughout world not only for its taste value but also for its medicinal properties. Garlic has a good role in reducing the cholesterol level in the body but it is also effective in curbing the infections in the body. In ayurvedic system of medicine it is most widely used as an agent to suppress bacterial infection and also in reducing the wormal infestation. It helps in purifying the blood and detoxifies the body.