Brain tumour is a collection of abnormal cells in your brain, it may be cancerous or noncancerous.
In India, the incidence of brain tumours is about 2 patients per 1 lakh population, while the death rate is less than 2 per lakh population.
Causes of Brain Tumour
- Exposure to radiations.
- Secondary to other cancers like breast or lung cancer, etc.
Few studies suggest increased use of cellphone makes you more susceptible to brain tumours ( Source: Cell phones and cancer risk)
Symptoms of Brain Tumour
- Repeated and severe headache.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Disturbance in the hearing, vision and speech.
- Abnormal or loss of sensation in an arm or leg.
- Mental confusion.
- Difficulty in body balance and walking.
Management of Brain Tumour
- Radiation and chemotherapy.
Few Ayurvedic medicines like Cruel capsule, Ashwagandha, Turmeric, Guggulu, Guduchi, Maharishi amrit kalash and various rasa aushadhis are found to be helpful. But, more research needs to be done to prove their efficacy.
Do You Want to Prevent Cancer? Stop Eating These Carcinogenic Food
Highly Effective Anti-Cancer Diet
Nirogam Interviews Dr. K.M Madhu on Ayurveda for Cancer
An Overview on Aswagandha
What You Need to Know About Brain Tumours