Do you work long work hours sitting in your office chair? Or does managing the home and kids leave you with a nagging pain in the back at the end of the day? Here is an easy way to counter the stress on your backbone. It’s called ‘Bhujangasana’ or the Cobra posture. It’s easy to do and takes five minutes to rejuvenate your mind and body!
How to do Bhujangasana
- Lie down on your stomach on a flat surface, preferably a mat.
- Put your palms on the floor besides your shoulders.
- Keep your legs together.
- Close your eyes, relax and slowly inhale deeply and exhale.
- Again, slowly breathing in pull your chest and shoulders upward.
- Keep the shoulders relaxed and feel the stretch in your spine and legs.
- Take five long deep breaths in this pose and gradually breathing out bring the body down.
- Repeat twice.
Top 5 Benefits of Bhujangasana
1. Tones up the arms and shoulders, making them stronger.
2. Relaxes and strengthens the lower back muscles and decreases the stiffness.
3. Improves the blood circulation to the heart.
4. Alleviates pain due to sciatica.
5. Enhances the digestion.
How to Do Bhujangasana
Start Your Day with Bhujangasana