Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive brain disorder affecting elderly people, which hampers your memory, thinking and other intellectual abilities.
Risk Factors of Alzheimer’s
The exact cause of Alzheimer’s is not known yet. Following are considered as the risk factors for being susceptible for Alzheimer’s
- Death of brain cells leading to shrinkage of brain.
- Uncontrolled diabetes, hypertension and cholesterol levels.
- Unhealthy food habits.
- Sedentary life style.
- People who suffered head injury are also at risk.
Symptoms of Alzheimer’s
- Forgetfulness. As the disease progress you may not able to remember the names of your family members, address, etc.
- Difficulty in conversing.
- Unable to do multitasking.
- Difficulty in planning, judging and decision making.
- Change in behaviour.
- Sleep disturbance.
- Depression, anxiety and irritability.
- Social withdrawal.
Management of Alzheimer’s
- Being mentally active by involving in social activities reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s.
- Keep yourself active by doing regular exercise, yoga and meditation.
- Promptly control your diabetes, hypertension and cholesterol.
- If you are overweight, reduce your body weight.
- Stay in calm environment.
- Avoid junk and unhealthy foods.
- Quit Smoking.
- Include appropriate quantity of ghee, milk and almonds in your diet.
Ayurvedic Medicines Helpful in the Management of Alzheimer’s
- Ashwagandha, Yashtimadhu, Brahmi, Saraswata churna and Shankhpushpi churna.
- Ksheerabala taila, Brahmi taila, Balaswagandhadi tailam.
- Brahmi Ghrita, Kalyanaka Ghrita, Kushmanda rasayana and Amalaki rasayana.
- Therapies like Shiro Basti, Shiro pichu, Dhara and Nasya are also beneficial.
To get more information and to buy ayurvedic products to help manage Alzheimer’s, please click the links below: