Brucellosis is a bacterial infection that is spread from infected animals to humans.
Causes of Brucellosis
- Consuming raw unpasteurised milk and its products.
- Eating uncooked or undercooked meat of infected animals.
- Weak immunity.
- Direct exposure to the bacteria in the air, while brushing or playing with domestic animals.
Symptoms of Brucellosis
- Fever with chills.
- Joint pain due to arthritis.
- Headache and muscular pain.
- Complications like endocarditis, meningitis, enlargement of spleen and lymph nodes.
Management of Brucellosis
- You can take Maha sudarshan churna, Shadangadi churna, Guduchi satva, Amritarishta, etc., to manage fever.
- To improve appetite and digestion, you can boil Ginger powder, coriander seeds and musta in water. Drink few sips every hour.
- Guluchyadi kashayam, Amrutadi guggulu, Amruthotharam kashayam, Rasnairandadi kwatham and Dashamoola churna are beneficial to reduce joint pain and swelling.
- You can take Guduchi regularly to improve your immunity and prevent recurrence.
Prevention of Brucellosis
- Avoid consuming raw milk and its products.
- Cook meat well before consuming.
- Wash your hands well with soap after handling animals.
- Vaccinate your domestic animals.