Copper is a mineral, micronutrient required by our body for its normal and healthy functioning.
Role of Copper in Your Health
- Required for normal metabolism.
- Maintain and repair your connective tissue by collagen formation.
- Acts as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent.
- Required for normal functioning of your brain, nervous system, and cardiovascular system.
- Prevents premature wrinkles in your skin.
- Enhances your immune power.
- Quickens wound healing.
The recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of copper for an adult
- Male – 1.5- 2.5 mg/day.
- Female – 1.5- 3 mg/day.
Copper deficiency may lead to anaemia, bone abnormalities like osteoporosis, abnormal cholesterol levels, premature greying of hair, dysfunction of the thyroid, pancreas, etc.
Health Benefits of Drinking Water from Copper Vessels
Wash your copper vessel with tamarind or lemon. Fill with pure drinking water and leave it overnight. Copper will leach out into the water. Storing water in copper vessel makes water safe for drinking by reducing harmful bacteria.
- Improves your digestion and prevents gastritis or ulcer formation.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Prevents premature ageing.
- Reduces arthritic pain.
- Enhances iron absorption and prevents anaemia.
- Keeps your heart and brain healthy.
- Aids normal functioning of your thyroid gland.