Here’s why you should add heeng (asafoetida) to your daily cooking, especially if you are a woman.
- It offers relief from IBS, intestinal worms, flatulence, indigestion, etc. due to the anti oxidant and the anti inflammatory properties of heeng. Heeng is also a laxative so it is also good for constipation.
- It increases insulin production and lowers blood sugar levels.
- It thins the blood thus preventing blood clots and lowering blood pressure.
- It provides relief from headache and migraine.
- It can regularise menstrual cycles and reduce menstrual cramps and pain.
- It stimulates the nerves and is an effective treatment for syncope, paralysis, hysteria and convulsions.
- It quickly relieves toothache: Add ½ tbsp heeng to 2 tbsp lime juice. Heat the mixture and soak cotton in it and place over the aching tooth.