Coriander leaves are used all over the world to garnish food. The seeds are powdered and used in cooking curries and other Indian dishes. Coriander is an indispensable ingredient in Indian cooking but did you know about its tremendous health benefits?
Here are 11 major health benefits of coriander:
- It helps improve digestion and prevents formation of gas in the stomach.
- It is good for diabetics as it stimulates production of insulin and lowers blood sugar levels.
- It is loaded with flavanoids, phytonutrients, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, phosphorus, iron, magnesium and calcium.
- Its ant-iinflammatory properties relieve symptoms of arthritis.
- It enhances heart health by bringing down bad cholesterol levels and increasing good cholesterol.
- It fights against ulcers and infections with antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. It is very useful in quick healing of wounds.
- It regularises menstrual cycle.
- It helps reduce fat, which results in weight loss.
- It prevents cramps as it facilitates smooth functioning of muscles.
- It aids in proper liver function
- It prevents urinary tract infections and nausea.