Home Remedies for Sore Throat
- Gargle with a cup of warm water mixed with 1 tsp. of Irimedadi taila.
- A mixture of honey with ground lotus seeds should be taken frequently.
- Take a tbsp. of vinegar mixed with a tbsp. of honey when symptoms appear first.
- Mango bark is efficacious in the treatment of sore throat. Its fluid which is extracted by grinding can be applied locally. It can also be used as a throat gargle.
- Bishop’s weed is valuable in treating sore throat. An infusion of the seeds mixed with common salt can be used as a gargle.
- Decoction of henna leaves can be used as a gargle.
- Water boiled with holy basil (tulsi) can be taken many times a day.
- Tamarind water can be used as gargle.
- Liquorice, cinnamon, fenugreek seeds have been proved to give excellent results.
More Remedies For Feeble Voice
- Leaves of Moringa olifera (shigru) has to be boiled in water added with a pinch of salt. This is used as a gargle.
- Yashti madhu has to be chewed.
- Salt water gargle is a common home remedy.
- Make a paste of ginger and jaggery, mix it well and consume to get relief.
- Dry roasted cumin seeds mixed with honey should be consumed.
- Mix jaggery with onion and take regularly.