Steamed Nendran Banana with Honey makes an excellent healthy snack between meals or you can have it as a dessert at lunch or dinner. It is very easy to prepare. You can quickly whip up this snack in under 5 minutes!
Yummy Healthy Snack Recipe: Nendran Banana with Honey!
Preparation Time: 5 min.
- Nendran bananas (ripe) – 4
- Honey – 1 tsp
1. Put the unpeeled bananas into a vessel, do not add water in this vessel.
2. Add 2 cups of water to your pressure cooker
3. Place the vessel with the banana inside the pressure cooker
4. Close the lid (do not put on the weighted vent stopper)
5. Put the pressure cooker on the stove and wait for the steam to come out in full force for 3 min.
6. Remove the pressure cooker from the stove and take out the vessel.
7. Remove the skins and slice the bananas into small pieces and place in bowl.
8. Pour a teaspoon of honey over the banana slices.
And voilà your yummy healthy snack is ready!
How to Choose Nendran Bananas
Nendran banana originates from Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and other parts of southern India. When you go shopping for Nendran bananas, keep in mind that the unblemished bright yellow ones are raw and not ready for consumption. Select bananas that are firm with black spots, which show that the banana is ready to be eaten. Yes, they don’t look so great but once you taste this banana you will be addicted!
Do you have other healthy recipes for Nendran bananas? Share them in the comments below.