Sinuses are hollow cavities in the skull lined with a thin membrane layer called mucosa. The inflammation of this tissue is what leads to sinusitis.
Apply ‘Rasnadi Churna’ (available in any Indian grocery shop) over the crown of your head, soon after bath and massage gently. This will prevent sinus congestion. You may also apply ‘Rasnadi Churna’ mixed with lime juice over your cheeks and forehead ,to relieve the sinus congestion.
Also, practice pranayama (anulom vilom, kapalbhati ) on a daily basis.
- Fenugreek seeds are an effective remedy for sinusitis. An infusion or tea prepared of fenugreek seeds should be taken twice daily.
- Fresh juice of onion mixed with honey relives sinus congestion.
- Black pepper,long pepper and dry ginger with honey is a very good remedy.
- Mix 1 tsp of crushed garlic and 1 tsp of turmeric with 2 tbsp of honey. Take 1 tsp daily.
- Have 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with 1 teaspoon of honey in it twice a day
- Have a crushed, deseeded amla mixed with cow’s milk daily
Treatment & Medication:
An Ayurvedic treatment procedure called Nasya is highly beneficial in case of sinusitis. You should consult an Ayurvedic doctor personally and get these treatment procedures done.
In case of sinusitis,the following medicines would be beneficial:
- Varanadi Kashayam
- Guggulutiktakam Kashayam
- Lakshmivilas Rasam
- Vyoshadi Vatakam
- Cephagraine Tablets
- Cephagraine Drops