Broken capillaries appear when the vein wall is too weak to withstand the pressure of the blood being pumped around the body. Reduced resistance of the vein walls is common in women during menopause, when broken capillaries in the arms and legs can mean reduced oestrogen levels (hormonal imbalance).
Hereditary factors and environmental conditions also play an important role. Broken capillaries can appear due to sun exposure and also substance abuse. Does your family have a history of heart disease and blood clots? Apart from the feet, are there visible capillaries on the face?
You may try the following home remedies for beneficial results:
1. Guavas are rich in Vitamins C and K. Vitamin C helps in strengthening the blood vessels and Vitamin K prevents discoloration and is great for improving the flow of blood to the tissue.
2. Regular consumption of oranges is also beneficial as it strengthens the blood vessels and improves blood flow.
3. Soak a clean cloth in apple cider vinegar and apply as a compress on the spider veins. Keep the compress for half an hour. Repeat this twice a day until the veins regain their normal appearance.
4. Massage the affected areas with mustard oil twice daily.
5. Grapeseed extract also improves circulation. Take 50 milligrams three times a day.
If you are looking for Ayurvedic supplements to improve circulation and to prevent the appearance of broken capillaries, I would suggest you to take the following formulations:
Chirivilwadi kashayam, which is suggested for varicose veins should be taken in the dose of 2 tablets twice daily, 1 hour before food.
Arjuna powder – 1 tsp twice daily before food.
These formulations are basically to improve the blood circulation, suggested in case of cardiovascular diseases.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.