Eye floaters are small moving spots/streaks that appear in your field of vision. They are especially noticeable when you look at something bright, such as white paper or a blue sky. Sometimes eye floaters are a sign of a more serious condition.
Causes of Eye Floaters
- Bleeding inside your eyes due to any injury or trauma.
- Age related changes in vitreous (gel like substance in your eyes).
- Deeper eye infection.
- Retinal detachment.
- Complication of cataract surgery.
- Uncontrolled diabetes.
Home Remedies for Eye Floaters
- Consume foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids (walnuts, flaxseed, seafood, etc.), antioxidants (beetroot, spinach, avocado, cabbage, broccoli, etc.), Vitamin A (carrots, leafy greens, sweet potatoes, etc.) and Vitamin E (leafy greens, turnip greens, kale, hazelnuts, pecan, walnuts, etc.).
- Regularly practise eye exercises, eye yoga and trataka.
Ayurvedic Management of Eye Floaters
The following external treatment procedures are beneficial:
The following Ayurvedic medicines can be administered to improve your eye health:
- Jeevanthyadi ghrita
- Triphala ghritam
- Patoladi ghritam
If you see any new floaters, flashes of light and decreasing side vision immediately consult an ophthalmologist.