Eye floaters are small moving spots/streaks that appear in your field of vision. They are especially noticeable when you look at something bright, such as white paper or a blue sky. Sometimes eye floaters are a sign of a more serious condition.
Causes of Eye Floaters
- Bleeding inside your eyes due to any injury or trauma.
- Age related changes in vitreous (gel like substance in your eyes).
- Deeper eye infection.
- Retinal detachment.
- Complication of cataract surgery.
- Uncontrolled diabetes.
Home Remedies for Eye Floaters
- Consume foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids (walnuts, flaxseed, seafood, etc.), antioxidants (beetroot, spinach, avocado, cabbage, broccoli, etc.), Vitamin A (carrots, leafy greens, sweet potatoes, etc.) and Vitamin E (leafy greens, turnip greens, kale, hazelnuts, pecan, walnuts, etc.).
- Regularly practise eye exercises, eye yoga and trataka.
Ayurvedic Management of Eye FloatersThe following external treatment procedures are beneficial:
- Jeevanthyadi ghrita
- Triphala ghritam
- Patoladi ghritam
If you see any new floaters, flashes of light and decreasing side vision immediately consult an ophthalmologist.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.