Heal Cold Sores with Home Remedies and Ayurveda!Cold sores or fever blisters are the painful, tiny, fluid-filled blisters appearing around your mouth in clusters.Causes of Cold Sores
- Herpes simplex virus is the causative organism which spreads to you from an infected person through their saliva while kissing, sharing utensils, water bottles, shaving equipment, toothbrush, etc.
- Stress and weak immune power may make you more susceptible.
[mailerlite_form form_id=13]Signs and Symptoms of Cold Sores
- Pain and burning sensation.
- Blisters at the edge of your lips.
- Blisters burst open and crust over.
- Swelling of lymph nodes.
Cold sores usually heal within 2-4 weeks without leaving a scar. Repeated infection may spread the virus to your eyes leading to damage of the cornea and blindness.Management of Cold Sores
- Give a cold compress by placing a piece of cotton cloth dipped in water or using a tea bag. This will relieve burning sensation and redness.
- Apply aloe vera gel with a pinch of turmeric.
- Make ice cubes out of milk, wrap with a piece of clean cloth and give compress on the blisters.
- Protect your lips by applying lip balm.
- Avoid exposure to hot climate.
- Reduce your stress and anxiety.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol, coffee, and tea consumption.
- Eat nutritious food rich in fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid spicy, sour and other pitta aggravating foods
Internally you can take, Neem tablets
, Yashtimadhu, Kamadugha rasa, Chandanadi or Pancatikaka kashayam, Triphala kashayam.
Locally you can apply Tiktaka ghritam, Neem powder
or sudarshana churna mixed with rose water.Nirogam’s Kit for cold sores
- Treats blisters or cold sores
- Helps to alleviate the discomfort
- Treats the viral infection
- prevents allergy
- Boosts immunity.
1.Mahatiktakam kashyaam tablets – 2 tablets, 1 hour before breakfast and dinner with warm water
2.Jatyadi ghritam ointment – For external application on the sores.
3.Flukey malt – 1 tsp after breakfast and dinner with warm waterPrevention of Cold Sores
- Avoid sharing your utensils, water bottles, and personal care products with others.
- Replace your toothbrush, lipsticks and lip balm to prevent recurrence.
- Avoid touching your cold sores, you may spread the infection to your eyes and genitals.
- Wash your hands well with soap solution frequently.