Bone density is a parameter used to measure the amount of calcium and other minerals in your bone, which warns you about the risk of getting osteoporosis and fracture. Higher the bone density, stronger the bone.
Osteoporosis is a bone disorder where your bones become weak and brittle due to low bone density.
Causes of Osteoporosis
- Low levels of calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and vitamin D.
- Very common in old age.
- Hormonal changes during menopause in females, decreased testosterone levels in males, Hyperthyroidism and parathyroidism.
- Lack of exercise.
- Intake of certain medications, steroids, etc.
- Alcohol intake, tobacco and smoking habits.
Symptoms of Osteoporosis
- Constant dull bone pain.
- Chronic low back ache.
- Change in posture like kyphosis/stooping.
- Decrease in height.
- Fracture even with mild injury.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Osteoporosis and to Improve Bone Density
Ayurvedic formulations beneficial in low bone density and Osteoporosis are:
Zeotone Soft Gel Capsules for Osteoarthritis, Gout
Mode of Action:
Checks the deterioration of the cartilage and subchondral bone.
* Restore nutrition to diseased cartilage cells.
* Repair & rebuild the Cartilage.
* Helps to improve Synovial fluid viscosity & concentration.
* Strengthens the cartilages and bones (Brumhanam)
Dosage: 1 capsule two times in a day before food. (625 mg).
Dos and Dont’s
- Take one handful of sesame seeds and 2 tsp of almonds daily.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol intake.
- Do regular physical exercise.
- Drink sufficient quantity of milk.
- Include green leafy vegetables, soy, coconut, sea foods and dairy products in your diet.
- If you find it difficult to walk, use walking stick to prevent falls.
- Take proper calcium and vitamin D supplements under a physician’s guidance.
- Expose yourself to sunlight daily.
- Reduce the intake of salt and pickles.
- Do regular oil massage to strengthen bones and joints.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.