cure for cervical spondylosisWith long hours in front of the computer and improper postures cervical spondylosis has become a common occupational disease these days. It leads to immense distress even in youngsters.What is Cervical Spondylosis?
Cervical spondylosis is normally a disorder that happens with age. These days it also seems to be affecting young people. It is a condition wherein there is abnormal wear of the cartilage and bones of the neck. It is caused by wear and tear of the discs in the cervical spine. It is characterized by pain at the back of the neck (radiating towards the upper limbs) and vertigo while bending downwards. The condition usually appears in men and women older than 40 and progresses with age. It can lead to bouts of neck pain and stiffness.Treatment for Cervical Spondylosis
Though there is no complete cure for the disease, treatment for Cervical spondylosis is aimed at relieving pain and preventing permanent spinal cord and nerve root injury. Through treatment there is improved mobility for neck and hands and marked reduction in the inflammation of the disc.
Below are certain steps you can take to ensure that pain doesn’t worsen and also to reduce pain.
Acupuncture – Through this practice, the body releases certain neurochemicals such as endorphins or serotonin that aids in the healing process. Acupuncture needles (as thin as strands of hair) are inserted at precise points in your body’s meridians. Based on the symptoms and exact diagnosis, a practitioner will insert the needles. There are chances of multiple needles being inserted during one session. These needles will be left in for 20 to 40 minutes.
Acupressure also works on the same principle like acupuncture. However, in acupuncture instead of needles, the practitioner uses his/her thumbs and fingers. Neck Exercises
– Regular neck exercise lubricates the discs of the spine and helps to combat degeneration of the discs.
Cervilon for Fibromyalgia, Cervical Spondylosis, Upper Back PainMode Of Action
- Neck Rotation – Sit erect. Slowly turn your head towards the right side. Then move your head back in normal posture. Relax. Then turn your head toward left and then come back to normal position. Repeat 8-10 times to relieve pain caused due to posture problems.
- Drop your chin down slowly towards your chest, hold, and relax. Bring your head back up. Repeat this also for 8-10 times a day.
- Press your forehead into your palms. Resist any motion. Do this for 5-6 counts and breathe normally while doing this exercise.
- Sit in any comfortable position. Your back and neck should be straight. With inhaling slowly bring your head backward position and with exhaling make it in the straight position. Don’t push it in the forward position. Do it for 10 seconds.
- Cervilon corrects the dehydration of the intervertebral disks
- Cervilon thus arrests the degenerative changes of the cervical spine
- Cervilon helps to strengthen the para-vertebral muscles of the neck
- Cervilon helps to relieve myo-fascial spasm
- Cervilon also provides mild anti-inflammatory action
: 1 tablet after meals with warm water.Yoga Postures for Cervical Spondylosis
– Spondylosis patients should do Sun Salutation regularly and very carefully. When performed systematically the patient gains strong and flexible spine and there is a marked reduction in neck and shoulder pain. Check out this link to see how to do Surya Namaskar. Learn all the sequences of Surya Namaskar from this simple video.Bhujangasana
– It strengthens different parts of the body and works wonders for the spine and back. Check out the video on how to do this asana.Ardhamatsyendrasana –
From the base of the spine through the neck, this asana enhances the flexibility in each vertebrae. Check out how to do this asana here.Dhanurasana
– This asana stretches and stimulates the neck. Learn how to do this asana fro this video.
Before everything, correct your posture. Use neck pillows and cervical collar to relieve the pain and give you temporary relief. If you sit hunched over a computer for long hours and lead a sedentary lifestyle, you should begin with these simple exercises to avoid the likelihood of suffering from cervical pain.
Always consult a doctor before starting a new exercise regime if you have spondylosis.