Encephalitis is an inflammatory condition of brain tissue caused due to virus or bacteria.
Causes of Encephalitis
- Viral infection caused due to Herpes simplex virus, poliovirus, rabies virus and other mosquito borne viruses.
- As a complication in children due to mumps, measles or rubella.
- Low immune power
Initially, you will observe the symptoms of Flu like:
- Headache and muscular pain.
- Loss of consciousness.
- Paralysis or muscular weakness.
- Disturbed vision, speech, hearing and smell.
- Irritability and confusion.
You may require hospitalisation for administration of IV fluids, antiviral drugs, anticonvulsant and for monitoring your respiration and cardiac activity.
If you suffered with complications like paralysis, abnormal speech, etc., you may need to undergo physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy.
Following Ayurvedic medicines are beneficial:
- Guluchyadi Kashayam, Amruthotharam Kashayam, Amrutha Shadangam Kashayam.
- Amritarishta, Mustarista.
- Mahasudarshan churna, Dashamoola churna
- Tribhuvan kirthi rasa, Mrityunjaya rasa.
- Keep away from mosquitoes by using mosquito repellants.
- Keep your surrounding clean and clear all mosquito breeding places like stagnant water, garbage, etc.
- Wash your hands properly before having food.
At Nirogam we make sure to give our readers professionally verified information that they can trust with their eyes closed. All our content is backed by studies and academic research from medical institutions & associations. Our editorial policy will give you more information about how we verify our content’s authenticity & accuracy.