One of the most common over the counter drugs in every country are ointments and gels which relieve back ache. In India, the most memorable ads are those of these back ache ointments. The vast segment of patients suffering from this condition makes it a lucrative option for therapy. But have you ever thought about it? Is it as simple as common cold or flu? Why does back pain re occur in most cases and cause further complications many a times?
I have been thinking on these lines since the last few days. I considered myself to be fit and fine helping me to be more active physically and mentally than most of my peers. Ever since my cesarean surgery last year, I have been experiencing pain in my lower back, the lower region of my spine. This pain is quite persistent but is very much tolerable and has not affected my routine to a great extent. Its just that I cant perform yogic asanas as effectively as I used to do and perhaps I cant run for long. There are small changes in life at every step and I was just getting used to my lower backache that suddenly I was unable to sleep one night….due to pain. Not lower backache but right from the lower neck till the lower back. The pain was so sharp that even turning around or lying down straight was crucifying.
On consultation with the orthopedic, I was perplexed since he said that the pain was on account of my working schedules. The cesarean had very less role to play in this pain as it was in the upper back too. Since I sit in front of my P.C for more than five hours at a stretch and have been careless to use a not so comfortable chair while doing so, I have always been in wrong posture an the body had finally started warning me. In fact all these days my husband and parents have been warning me about my wrong posture but I have been adamant on grounds of over confidence that nothing would happen to me. But now the time was up!!
The right diagnosis of back pain is very critical as there could be several reasons for the pain and the treatment differs with the underlying cause. Some reasons for back pain could be:
Injury to vertebrae or disc on account of accident or lifting heavy weight.
Urinary tract infection
Many others which the orthopedic would know
Solutions for back pain
1. Stay calm.
2. A complete bed rest for 24 – 48 hrs relieves back pain in most of the instances. Walk a little every few hours to keep the blood flowing and the muscles toned.
3. Applying vata balancing oil like ksheerabala oil on affected region and Naadi sweda (mild steam bath on affected area ) of affected region relives the pain quickly.
Tips for software professionals to avoid back pain
1. Select a correct chair, with a relatively straight back and good lower back support. If the chair doesn’t offer lower back support, keep a rolled up towel or cushion to support the back.
2. Correctly position the chair, keyboard, and monitor. Feet should be on the floor, with knees at hip level; forearms should form a right angle with upper arms; and the computer terminal should be at eye level.
3. Adopt a relaxed, upright working posture and allow the chair to support.
4. Avoid slouching forward or leaning back too far.
5. When you are at work stand up, walk around, stretch forward, backward, and side to side once in 30 minutes.
6. Increased stress and strain enhances the chances of back pain. Hence remember to relax! Yoga and meditation are best techniques to relax
Ayurvedic Home remedy for backache
Collect fresh leaves of Nirgundi and Karanja. Tie them in a thin cotton cloth to form a big ball . Boil this leaves’ ball in water and when it is tolerably hot apply this on affected part. When the leaves become cold reheat them by putting the leaves’ ball in boiling water. After half an hour take out the leaves from ball , grind them to a paste and bind it on affected area.
Lumbaton for Lumbar Support, Sciatica & Lower Back Pain
Halts the degeneration in the Lumbar vertebrae.
Relieves the spasm of the spinal muscles.
Improves the ability of the disc to expand.
1 capsule, thrice a day after a meal with warm water.
Lumbaton ayurvedic capsules offers relief from lumbar spondylos...
Cervilon for Fibromyalgia, Cervical Spondylosis, Upper Back Pain
Corrects the dehydration of the intervertebral disks
Arrests the degenerative changes of the cervical spine
Strengthen the para-vertebral muscles of the neck
Relieves myo-fascial spasm
Provides mild anti-inflammatory action
1 capsule, thrice a day after meals with warm water.
AVN Gandharvahastadi Kashayam
In treating abdominal distention or bloating, anorexia.
Has a cleansing effect on the intestines. It is considered as a medicine that causes purgation without causing any complications.
A purge with this medicine relieves back pain instantly.
Balances vata at the level of intestines.
2 tablets, before food with warm water or ...
Benefits of Nirogam No-Pain Kit
Why is it a must have?
For Prasaranyadi kashayam:
For Cervilon Capsules:
For Karpasathyadi Thailam:
1. Prasaranyadi kashayam - 15ml added to 60ml warm water, twice daily one hour before food.
2. Cervilon capsules - 1 capsule thrice a day after food.
3. Karpasathyadi thailam - Apply on affected areas.
Known to treat urinary tract infections, edema, kidney stones and diabetes
Has a diuretic action
An effective aphrodisiac and is known to improve sperm production and ovulation.
It pacifies vata dosha, is a nervine tonic. Relieves lower back ache and abdominal colic.
Known to improve colour and lustre of the hair.
1- 3 gms with warm water or as directed by the phy...
Useful in the treatment of hip pain and lower back pain.
Treats menstrual pain.
Improves digestion and regulates bowel movements.
Also used in splenic disorders.
2 tablet twice a day before food
Packing Size :
Saptasaram Kashaya is highly effective in combination with different anupanas in indigestion, constipation, abdominal pain, low back pain, abdomina...
Gokshuradi Guggulu is a herbal preparation in tablet form used in Ayurveda for the treatment of urinary and kidney disorders.
Dysuria (painful urination)
BPH (Benign Prostate Hypertrophy)
In some cases of High Blood pressure
Gokshuradi Guggulu relieves pain, inflammation of the joints and revives the synovial fluid of the joints. It ...
Consult Our Doctor
Enter your details below to book a doctor consultation if you would like to speak to our doctor before starting treatment.