Premature ageing is a condition where you look older than your actual age. Early ageing also occurs in your internal organs too, making you risky for cardiovascular diseases, stroke, etc.
Causes for Premature Ageing
- Chronic exposure to sunlight.
- Sleep deprivation.
- Unhealthy food habits.
- Emotional disturbance like anxiety, fear, depression, etc.
- Lack of exercise.
- Exposure to chemicals and environmental pollutants.
- Low immunity power.
Signs and Symptoms of Premature Ageing
- Wrinkles in skin.
- Premature greying of hair or hair fall.
- Sagging and weak muscles.
- Occurrence of heart disease, stroke, etc.
Measures to Avoid Premature Ageing
- Consume more fruits and vegetables, which are rich in Vitamin A, E and C. These vitamins are natural antioxidants.
- Include moderate amount of nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds in your diet according to your caloric requirement.
- Manage your stress level and emotion by practising yoga and meditation.
- Avoid foods rich in sugar, artificial sweeteners, preservatives, canned and frozen eatables. Try to eat freshly cooked food.
- Use Sunscreen lotion before you go out.
- Do regular exercise and pranayama.
- Avoid irregular or lack of sleep. Try to maintain 7-8 hours of sleep daily.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Premature Ageing
Undergo detoxification (panchakarma) and rejuvenation (rasayana) therapy regularly.
You can take Ayurvedic supplements like Chyavanprash, Triphala rasayana, Jivanamrtam, Kushmanda rasayana, Ashwagandha rasayana or Amalaki rasayana under the guidance of an Ayurvedic doctor. Feel free to email our ayurvedic physician for further guidance: [email protected]
Home Remedies for Premature Wrinkles
The following home remedies would be beneficial in the management of premature wrinkles:
- Blend papaya and banana together, apply on the skin and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Egg white is rich in vitamins, which helps to tighten your skin and minimise the pores. Apply egg white on wrinkle prone areas and leave for 20 min.Wash with lukewarm water.
- Do body oil massage regularly with sesame oil or olive oil.
- Use Kumkumadi taila for your face to prevent pigmentation.
- Apply face pack once in a while with Haldi and milk or with Orange peel.
- Keep your skin hydrated always. You can use aloe vera gel.
To get more information and to buy ayurvedic products to combat premature ageing, please click the links below:
Aloe vera gel