Do you read the warning on medicines? If not, then you may start doing it for the sake of your own safety. You can take a lesson from a 74 year old man with asthma who got injured. He was burning leaves, when he heard an explosion and felt something hit his chest. In the hospital, scans showed a nebuliser canister lodged in his body. Reason: Inhalers contain pressurized gas with medicine and albuterol that causes an explosion when heated up. The man’s inhaler had fallen into the fire and exploded, injuring him badly.

Doctors advise that all medicines come with warning instructions that should be duly followed. Also domestic devices that contain gas should be kept away from flames. Stay alert to stay safe!