Food is the source of all life energy. But an unhealthy body is not able to absorb all the nutrients from its taken food. Such a situation leads to many diseases, including diabetes. Diabetes is characterized by an increase in blood sugar levels and frequent urination. It occurs when the body does not absorb as much sugar as it consumes. Neglecting diabetes treatment for a long period of time can cause many more complications. So, it must be controlled in time.
Causative Factors of Diabetes
Poor lifestyle and eating habits are the primary causes of diabetes. But it is a severe disease that is also inherited by children from their parents.
- Excessive Consumption of Heavy or Addictive Foods
Inappropriate digestion of meat of domesticated/aquatic animals, curd, milk, newly harvested grains and processed foods can increase blood sugar levels instantly. Alcoholic beverages and caffeinated drinks also harm the pancreas and cause diabetes.
- Poor Daily Routine
Overindulgence in sleep, lack of physical exercises and sedentary lifestyle degrade the body’s internal system. And over a period of long time, they can reduce the body’s ability to maintain itself in healthy shape.
- Mental Stress
Straining the brain and mind to perform tasks disturbs the natural balance of the body. Thus, leading to many illnesses that slowly degrade health.
Ways to Regulate Blood Sugar Level at Home
Herbal remedies can be prepared at home easily. They instantly decrease the blood sugar level. By regularly consuming some of these ayurvedic herbs, diabetic patients can promote the health of pancreatic cells that produce sugar digesting hormones.
- Refreshing Amla – Haldi Drink with Bitter Gourd JuiceDrink a glass of bitter gourd juice mixed with amla juice, added with half teaspoon of turmeric powder, daily morning on empty stomach. You can also mix half teaspoon each of amla powder and turmeric powder in a glass of warm water and consume it.
- Delicious Jamun Refreshment
Dried and powdered seeds should be taken in the dose of 1 tsp twice daily with warm water.
- Healthy Neem Serving
Neem leaves should be ground and made into a paste and a small bolus of this should be added to water. This should be taken on empty stomach in the morning.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Diabetes
Ayurvedic medicine for diabetes attempts to recover the damage caused by it in the body organs like pancreas, muscles etc. In doing so, it helps the body in performing its natural processes at a healthy rate and maintaining blood sugar level.
- Saptarangi – Salacia Oblonga
- Shilajit – Asphaltum (mineral pitch)
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula Retz.
- Guggulu – Commiphora mukul
- Guduchi – Tinospora cordifolia (Neem giloy)
- Bel – Aegle Marmelos
Managing diabetes can be very difficult, especially for aged patients. Nirogam’s Diabetes kit is the perfect supplement for diabetic treatments. Its multipurpose approach controls as well as curbs the disease’s symptoms.
Functions of the Treatment Kit
- Controlling high blood sugar
- Prevents complications due to diabetes.
Nirogam’s Diabetic combo consists a month’s dose of:
1. Salacia – O -60 capsules
2. Organic cinnamon powder – 100gm
3. Gluco balance BCM-95 – 60 capsules
1. Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp with warm water in the morning on an empty stomach.
2. Salacia-O capsules – 1 capsule before breakfast and dinner with warm water
3. Gluco Balance BCM-95 – 1 capsule after breakfast and dinner with warm water
Healthy Diet and Lifestyle changes for Diabetes Management
Ayurvedic medicine for diabetes alone is not sufficient for a complete cure. Healthy diet and an active lifestyle plays a vital role in the management of diabetes.
- A diabetic patient should never skip meals – Proper meals on time is a must.
- Oats, brown rice, flax seed, garlic, onion, cinnamon, fenugreek, Fruits including berries and apples, vegetables like spinach, cauliflower, cabbage, carrot, all types of gourds must be taken regularly.
- Excessive consumption of fried or grilled foods, dairy products, white flour, potatoes, white bread, pasta and fruit juices must be avoided.
- Aerobic exercises like walking and yoga postures like Mandukasana, Soorya namaskara, Pawana muktasana help a lot in controlling the blood sugar and insulin resistance.
Click here to read more about yoga for diabetes.
- Tender coconut water must be added to the diet. Taking coconut water directly improves blood circulation and helps to widen the vessels for smooth blood circulation. Only pure and unflavoured (fresh) coconut water should be taken.
Precautions to be Observed With Ayurvedic Treatment
- Herbal remedies, if taken correctly, have a powerful effect on your body. Most of these herbs target elevated blood sugar levels and balance the same. As a precaution, you should monitor blood sugar on a regular basis.
- Blood sugar level should not fall drastically with all these medicines and remedies. Kindly speak to your allopathic doctor and reduce the dosage of the antihyperglycaemic drugs, so that you can use the Ayurvedic formulations simultaneously.