Importance of Home Remedies For Skin Abrasion
The skin is a sensitive part of the body and it may get abrasions quite easily. Abrasions are commonly caused due to falling on the ground, the rubbing of skin with harsh edged surfaces or tripping on an object. Children are more prone to abrasions as they tend to fall or trip more often while playing. When the top part of the skin or the epidermis is peeled off, it can cause bleeding, swelling and stinging sensation and leave behind reddish marks. The abrasion may turn septic if it is exposed to diet that tends to cause infection. Thus, being prepared with some home remedies for skin abrasion will help treat the problem fast.
Helpful Home Remedies for Skin Abrasion
Cleaning the abrasion first is a very important step in avoiding infection. Clean the wound by using one of the home remedies for skin abrasion which is aqueous garlic juice as it cleans the abrasion, removes any dirt particles and stops the spread of infection.
However, before cleaning the abrasion first examine the abrasion properly to determine if it is deep enough to need stitches. If an abrasion is constantly bleeding and seems to be deep then it is best to consult a doctor before applying any home remedies for skin abrasion. Also, make sure that the person who has the abrasion had a tetanus shot in the recent past. If the abrasion is caused due to a rusting object then it is essential that the doctor is consulted and a tetanus shot is administered if required.
Once you are satisfied that the abrasion is not very deep and a tetanus shot is not required then you can use any of the following home remedies for skin abrasion to treat the problem and promote natural healing.
Nature has provided us with many herbs that have antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties that we can use as home remedies for skin abrasion. Aloe Vera is one such plant for home remedies for skin abrasion which soothes the abrasion and has antibacterial properties which saves the wound from getting infected. Lavender essential oil is another natural herbal remedy which is available in almost every household and heals the wound quickly. Coconut oil is also one of the common herbal and home remedies for skin abrasion because of its healing properties. Coconut oil also forms a thick protective cover over the wound which stops the microorganisms from entering the wound and making it septic.
Some Herbal and Home Remedies For Skin Abrasion
1. Witch Hazel is used by many people as one of the home remedies for skin abrasion and bruises. Witch Hazel is a very popular herbal remedy and is easily available in every store selling herbal products. Witch Hazel is helpful in providing a cooling sensation and reducing the burning itch in the affected area. Witch Hazel also has astringent properties which can help in reducing the swelling.
2. Warm Water: lukewarm water is also one of the home remedies for skin abrasion that helps in reducing the swelling on the affected area. Take a long warm bath to reduce the discomfit caused by the abrasion.
3. Essential oil such as lavender, tea tree and eucalyptus are beneficial home remedies for skin abrasion. These oils have the ability to soften the skin and speed up the healing process of abrasions.
4. Honey is another natural product which provides soothing sensation around the abrasion.
5. Calendula is used to hasten the growth of skin around the bruised area.
6. Thyme oil helps in curing and the abrasion and acts as a disinfectant. It is a great remedy to treat a cut.
7. A paste made by crushed marigold flowers, plantain leaves and parsley leaves together can be applied over the skin for speedy recovery.