Andropause is commonly termed as male menopause. It is caused due to decrease in the male hormone (testosterone). Andropause usually occurs between the ages of 40 and 60 years.
Signs and Symptoms of Male Menopause
- Decreased sex drive and erectile dysfunction.
- Disturbed sleep.
- Low energy level.
- Hot flashes.
- Fat accumulation and increase in body weight.
- Irritability, mood swings and emotional instability.
- Complications like osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease.
Ayurvedic Management of Male Menopause
- Manage your emotions through yoga and meditation.
- Attend couple’s counselling and talk your doctor about your issues. Educate yourself and your family about the condition.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Maintain your weight by doing regular exercise and diet.
- Do regular body oil massage with Ksheerabala taila, Sesame oil or Mahanarayana taila.
- You can undergo Ayurvedic treatments like Shirodhara, Rasayana and Vajikarana chikitsa to rejuvenate your body and enhance your sexual health.