Dyslexia is a learning disorder seen in kids characterised by difficulty in learning, reading and understanding the language.
Causes of Dyslexia
- Dyslexia can be inherited through genes.
- Structural difference in conducting pathway of the brain.
Signs and Symptoms of Dyslexia
- An early sign of dyslexia is a delay in speech.
- Unable to recognise the letters of the alphabet.
- Difficulty in reading and spelling.
- Messy handwriting.
- Trouble in complex language skills like grammar.
- Slow reading.
- Mispronunciation of complicated words.
Management of Dyslexia
- Speech therapy, educational therapy, and counseling are the available measures to manage dyslexia.
- Support and help your child in reading. Try to read aloud to your child.
- Provide a quiet and calm environment to your child for reading.
- Following proper preconception and prenatal tips mentioned in Garbha sanskara may help in preventing dyslexia and other congenital disorders.
- Ayurvedic herbs like Brahmi, Jatamansi, Yashtimadhu, Shankhapushpi and Guduchi may be helpful.