Triglyceride is a type of fat in your blood. Increased triglycerides level makes you susceptible for heart disease/heart attack, stroke and atherosclerosis.
To lower Trigylceride levels, there are various methods, techniques, tactics that can be followed but to really commit to it and to be effective at it, it is important to understand and remember the core principles. We have created an infographic for you representing the core principles for the same. Keeping the principles in mind coupled with following a few methods will help you take control over your triglyceride levels.
Reference Range for Triglycerides
- Normal < 150 mg/dl
- Borderline level- 150- 199 mg/dl
- High level- 200- 499 mg/dl
- Very high > 500 mg/dl
Causes for Increased Triglycerides Level
- Uncontrolled diabetes.
- Liver and kidney diseases.
- Thyroid disorder.
- Unhealthy food habits.
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Certain medications like Steroids, Contraceptive pills, etc.
Methods to Lower Your Triglycerides Level
- Consume sunflower seeds, flax seeds, and other healthy fats rich in omega 3.
- If you are obese or overweight, lose at least 10% of your body weight.
- Avoid unhealthy fatty foods. Eat more fruits and vegetables or eat antioxidant rich Super food Goji Berries
- Do regular physical exercises.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Drink lukewarm water instead of normal water.
- Replace curds with well churned butter milk with lots of curry leaves.
- A tablespoon of gooseberry juice / powder mixed with honey can be taken daily.
- Regular consumption of decoction of coriander seeds help to lower bad cholesterol.Prepare by boiling 2 tablespoon of dry coriander seeds in a glass of water and strain. Drink when it is lukewarm.
- Boil 3-4 cloves of garlic in diluted milk and drink once daily.
- Parsley also helps to keep the arterial system in a healthy condition. Simmer 20 gms of fresh parsley in water (250 ml.) for a couple of minutes and drink this beverage three to four times every day.
- Increase soluble fiber in your diet. Psyllium also known as “ISABGOL” along with a glass of orange juice can be taken regularly.
- Drink a glass of boiled and cooled water with 1 tsp of honey and lemon juice daily.
- Recommended Natural Supplements are Shudh Guggulu, Lo-Medus and Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
- Guggulu supports normal cholesterol levels
- Guggulu helps maintain normal weight
- Guggulu supports normal lipid levels and metabolism
- Guggulu supports normal immune system function
- Guggulu supports normal function of joints and connective tissues
- Guggulu is a broad spectrum herb with many traditional uses
01 capsule twice a day before meals.
In case, you are looking for a personalized health checklist to help you improve your health, you may opt for an easy-to-do tele-consultation with our Senior Ayurvedic Doctor.