Candidiasis is a fungal infection caused due to yeast, candida. Commonly candida infection is seen in oral cavity, vagina and skin.
Oral candidiasis is termed as Oral thrush.
Causes of Oral Candidiasis
- Those who have weak immune power like in infants, old- age people, Diabetics, HIV and cancer patients who undergoing chemo/ radiation therapy.
- Dry mouth with poor oral hygiene.
- Certain medications like antibiotics and corticosteroids.
Signs and Symptoms of Oral Candidiasis
- Cheesy- white discolouration inside your cheeks, tongue and may extend to your throat.
- Difficulty in eating and swallowing.
- Decreased taste perception.
- Cracks near the angle of your mouth.
- Sometimes the lesions may bleed.
Ayurvedic Management of Oral Candidiasis
- Include turmeric, garlic, pepper, cinnamon, clove and cardamom in your cooking.
- Maintain good oral hygiene by brushing twice daily. Rinse your mouth after each meal.
- If you are using steroid inhalers, rinse your mouth after use.
- Control your sugar levels well by proper medication, diet and exercise.
- Avoid eating foods rich in sugar and which contain yeast. Minimise the use of dairy products.
- You can do warm salt water or sesame oil gargling daily.
- Boil 1 tsp of Triphala in a glass of water. Filter it and gargle when it is lukewarm twice daily.
- Internally you can take Neem, Tiktakam kashayam, Mahathikthakam Kashayam, Guggulu tiktaka Kashayam, etc.
- Take Guduchi and Amalaki internally to improve your immunity.