Scabies is a contagious skin disease caused due to Sarcoptes scabiei, a burrowing mite.
Causes of Scabies
- Scabies spreads from an infected person to another through skin to skin contact.
- Sharing bed, clothes and other personal care products.
- Poor immunity and malnutrition.
Symptoms of Scabies
- Severe itching.
- Skin rashes with small burrows.
- Lesion appears in between fingers, armpits, genital region, on soles, elbow and knee joints.
- Scratching may lead to secondary infection.
Home Remedies and Ayurvedic Management of Scabies
- Scrub your body well while taking a shower, pat dry and apply neem paste mixed with turmeric on the affected area. Allow it to dry and wash it off later. Do this for 3-4 consecutive days for complete cure.
- You can apply Mahamarichyadi taila to reduce itching.
- To heal the lesion you can apply Jatyadi tailam, Neem oil or Gandakadya malahara.
- Apply Aloe Vera lotion to soothe your skin.
- Internally, you can take Manjistha, Neem, Turmeric, Arogyavardhini vati, Gandhaka rasayana,
- Wash your clothes, bedding clothes, towels in hot water with soap solution and dry well.
- Dry the mattress in sunlight.
- Clean and fumigate the entire house to prevent recurrence.