Know more about Vitiligo treatment in Ayurveda
Vitiligo (or Leucoderma / white patches / Switra / Safed Daag) is a skin pigmentation disorder occurring due to death of melanocytes. There will be a loss of skin colour in patches and may affect the skin of any part of your body. It can also affect hair, eyes and inside of the mouth. As a result, white patches appear on the skin in different parts of the body. These patches also appear on the tissues inside of the mouth and nose, and the retina.
What Causes Vitiligo ?
Vitiligo is a Tridoshaj (disease caused by vitiation of all 3 doshas together). The main dosha which is in imbalance is the Pitta Dosha. This is an auto-immune disease. The main cause of Vitiligo is Virudhahara (Virudhha Ahaar). i.e. Eating foods that are opposite in nature (Salt with Milk, Fish with Milk etc. See below for the complete Virudhahara list)
Additionally, Vitiligo is said to be associated with certain auto-immune and inflammatory diseases such as Thyroid, Diabetes, Psoriasis and Pernicious Anemia. Vitiligo may also be hereditary; that is, it can run in families. Children whose parents have the disorder are more likely to develop Vitiligo.
The main causes are improper nutrition, incorrect combination of foods (Virudhahara) and extreme stress.
Are you suffering from Vitiligo ? Try Bakuchi + Bedag Lep Ayurvedic Combo for 3 months. It has worked wonders for hundreds of people.
Which food combinations should I avoid ? What is VirudhAhara ?
- Consuming Green Leafy Vegetables (Saag) followed by drinking MILK (Dugdha)
- Animal Meat is incompatible with Black Gram, Honey, Milk, Sprouts and Jaggery
- Milk should not be taken with sour substances
- Honey should never be boiled or cooked
- Fish should not be combined with milk, because this obstructs the channels and vitiates the blood.
- Curd should be avoided at night
- You should not drink cold water immediately after hot tea or coffee
- Avoid heating ghee again, after keeping it in a bronze vessel for 10 days or more
- Milk should not be taken along with Fruit Salad.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Vitiligo
As discussed earlier, the ancient Ayurvedic classical scriptures explain that, due to intake of incompatible food items, suppression of vomiting, intake of sour-salty and fermented food items, and indulging in sinful activities, the body doshas (vata, pitta, kapha) get aggravated, mainly the pitta dosha, causing imbalance in tissues (or Dhatus) mainly Plasma (rasa), Blood (rakta), and Muscles (mamsa).
It is very important to understand what needs to be done to correct and resolve Vitiligo.
The different principles adopted for a complete ayurvedic treatment involve:
- Correcting digestion and prescribing a proper diet, avoiding Virudhahara.
- Eliminating Ama (toxins).
- Strengthening the Immune system.
- Creating a balance between Doshas, especially balancing the Pitta Dosha.
The following measures will check the spread of Vitiligo:
- Increase intake of bitter vegetables.
- Avoid sour or tangy fruit, non-vegetarian food, curd, fermented food, urad dal.
- Manage stress by yoga and meditation.
- Socialise with family and friends to overcome the distress.
- Khadira, bakuchi, bhallataka, mulaka, daruharidra, aragvadha, haritaki are some of the single drugs recommended in the treatment of vitiligo.
Traditional Ayurvedic formulations, which are recommended for Vitiligo:
- Bhringraj churna
- Bakuchi capsule
- Bedag Lepam
- Bakuchi taila, somaraji taila, tuvaraka taila, avalgujadi lepa
- Arogyavardhini vati, Gandhaka rasayana and khadirarishta
Along with internal medicines Panchakarma therapies like Virechana, Raktamokshana (Leech therapy) are also effective.
We have made arrangements to help you do such treatments in a few cities in India. Inquire more here. Lastly, vitiligo treatment in Ayurveda has the potential to help you get rid of this disease and live your life fully.
Do you still have queries ? Feel free to WhatsApp us at +91 9958171405