Here are 5 cooking tips that you could use to control cholesterol:
- Use sunflower oil, olive oil or canola oil instead of refined oil for a healthy heart.
- Prepare salads with fibre-rich foods like leafy vegetables, nuts and seasonal fruits.
- While cooking, add organic herbs like oregano and basil for flavouring.
- Steam, grill, bake, broil or stir fry your dishes to cut down on saturated fats.
- Try alternate protein sources (other than animal sources) beans, tofu, lentils, peas, etc. as they are more easily digested.