Chew your food properly, to prevent bloating.
Do not lie down immediately after the meals. Do not sleep for atleast 2 hours after having your meals.
Constipation results in bloating. Lack of physical activity may also cause constipation. Adequate physical activity will help to relieve constipation and bloating.
Avoid late dinner. Have timely food.
Avoid eating stomach full.
Yogasanas like pavanamuktasana, bhujangasana, vajrasana, paschimothanasana etc are beneficial in relieving constipation, flatus and bloating.
Avoid intake of cold drinks, along with meals and also soon after intake of food, as it diminishes the digestive fire and it will make harder to digest the food.
Seasoned buttermilk added with curry leaves, asafoetida should be taken daily.
Fruits and vegetables such as sprouts, raw salads, cabbage, peas, beans, fermented foods, cauliflower, carrots, prunes, apricots. These contain sugars and starches that may cause gassiness and bloating.
Limit the intake of salt and carbonated drinks.
If you feel bloated all the time,you may have to slightly change your diet and lifestyle and try these simple home remedies.
- Boiled Ash gourd mixed with jaggery relieves bloating and burning sensation in stomach associated with acidity and gastritis.
- 5-6 basil leaves should be chewed after meals. You may also chew 3-4 mint leaves instead.
- A tsp of amla powder mixed with honey, should b taken twice daily.
- You may take an ounce of aloe vera juice daily, before food.
- Take a spoon of honey at bed time.
- Include lots of fenugreek and fennel seeds in diet.
- Have a glass of chamomile tea to relieve bloating.
- Boil 5-6 Cloves (Laung) in water. Drink this after cooling which helps to overcome gas or flatulence.
- Carrom (Ajwain) seeds mixed with a pinch of black salt along with hot water gives immediate relief from gas or flatulence.
- Try chewing a slice of ginger with lime juice, 20 mins before meals.
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander seed powder and ½ tsp of cumin seed powder, added to a glass of milk should be taken daily to relieve abdominal bloating.
Beneficial Ayurvedic formulations:
- Triphala churna
- Kasturyadi gulika
- Mahadhanwantaram gulika
- Gingerhills capsule
Refer to the following blog articles, which mentions about natural ways to treat constipation and flatulence.