The abnormal MEDA (fats) formed due to an aberrant state of metabolism circulates in the channels of the body and gets deposited, producing various symptoms like flabbiness of the body parts such as abdomen, breasts, etc. It clogs and blocks the flow of lymph and blood, causing lethargy, difficulty breathing, excess sleep, excessive perspiration, a foul body odor, weakness, lack of stamina and loss of libido.
Ultimately, the excess of fats gradually pathologically involve DOSHA and DHATU in the body and cause maladies such as hypercholesterolemia, hypertension, diabetes mellitus, heart problems, joint disorders and obesity.
Hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol) indicates weak digestive fire at the tissue level. Impaired digestion at the tissue level produces excess waste products or toxins (ama) which then block the channels in the body.
Control your cholesterol /triglyceride level with home remedies:
- Consume 2-3 cloves of garlic daily. Milk decoction prepared by boiling few cloves of garlic in milk(diluted with water) should be taken daily.
- Include curry leaves in your daily diet.
- Consume a small bolus of prepared from grinding a few curry leaves and Tulsi leaves together.
- Water boiled by adding 2 tbsp of coriander seeds should be taken daily.
- Yogasanas like ardhamatsyendrasana,shalabhasana,padmasana,vajrasana improves circulation and helps in the elimination of cholesterol buildup in the body.
* Regulates circulating Lipid levels through FXR mediated enhanced bile acid clearance.
* Increases HDL levels and mobilises arterial lipid deposits.
* Normalises lipid profile.
* Provides strong Anti-oxidant action. Retards Lipid peroxidation.
* Reduces Viscocity of the blood. Provides a comprehensive treatment for atherosclerosis.
Peripheral vascular diseases
As an adjuvant to anti-diabetics
Dosage: 2 Tablets twice or thrice daily or as directed by physician
These are some of the ways to control high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. However, proper medication, healthy diet and exercise go hand in hand to keep cholesterol in control. Do consult your doctor before adding these supplements or remedies to your diet.