Pic Credit: body1fitness.com
Cellulite is just normal fat under the skin but sometimes this fat pushes against the tissues and causes the area to look dimpled or bumpy. There are dozens of over the counter lotions and creams that promise to get rid of cellulite but they rarely work and should be used with caution as they can cause an allergic reaction or cause problems for people with circulatory problem.
7 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Cellulite
Instead of relying on cosmetic products that could have lasting and harmful side effects, follow the natural tips below to be completely free from cellulite.
- Cardio Exercises – Cardio exercise is the tried and tested method to help you get rid of cellulite. Include intense cardio workouts such as jogging, running, cycling, hiking up hills in your exercise regimen. Also, do exercises that target the buttocks, hips and thigh areas. It may, however, take several months to decrease your overall percentage of body fat and for a noticeable difference but your persistence definitely pays off. Also, you need to work the muscles in the dimpled areas of the body at least two to three times a week. Squatting exercises are the most recommended for this.
- Hormonal Balance – You can reduce cellulite by keeping your body in good hormonal balance. Oestrogen balance is necessary for achieving and maintaining fat loss. Cellulite is a result of a series of reactions in the body that happen when oestrogen levels are too high. Through right diet and exercise you can keep your hormones in balance.
- Good Sleep Pattern – A good 7-8 hours of sleep every day is necessary to keep your body in good shape. When you sleep for lesser number of hours you end up feeling tired through the day and your overall exercise performance also decreases. Additionally, the body requires those sleep hours to fully recover and recuperate after a hectic day. Sleep revitalises your body, repairs damaged tissue and restores energy levels. Increased energy level is essential for optimal functioning the next day. Lack of sleep can also affect your appetite.
- Staying Hydrated – Water keeps the skin hydrated and flushes out toxins. Accumulation of toxins in the body lead to many health deficiencies. Building up of toxins in your system is a major cause for cellulite. By staying hydrated, you not only improve the texture of your skin but also help your body release excess fluid. Drink no less than 8 glasses of water a day.
- Right Diet – Eggs, whole grains, fish, nuts, apples, soy, seeds, spinach, cauliflower, peanuts and lettuce are great for getting rid of cellulite. You must forgo fatty, high-calorie and processed foods and instead gorge on meals high in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Include fiber rich foods like celery, oranges, grapefruit, peaches and plums, which are low in natural sugar. The less fat you have in your body, the less cellulite appears.
- Massage – Stimulating the lymphatic system beneath your skin by massaging, helps toxins to be circulated into the elimination channels for release. Rub the areas, where cellulite is most visible, using your fingers in circular motion for 5 to 10 minutes daily. This can improve blood circulation, which can decrease the dimpled look of cellulite.
- Replace Table Salt – Simply swapping your regular refined table salt with Himalayan crystal or celtic sea salt can make a huge difference in preventing cellulite.
Know that you are not alone in dealing with this problem and cellulite is an embarrassment for many women like you. However, with these small changes to your diet and lifestyle, you can get rid of cellulite and enhance the overall health of your skin.
If you have had success by following some special exercise routine or diet, do share it in the comments below as it would be very helpful for the rest of us.