The male reproductive system consists of
- Prostate gland
- Cowper's gland
- Vas defrens
- Seminiferous tubules
Read complete description of each of these parts of the male reproductive system here: Male Reproductive System
About half of men in their 40s, in India, diagnosed with erectile dysfunction have diabetes.
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Diabetic patients may present with erectile dysfunction because of the effect of elevated levels of sugar on the integrity of the nerves.
- Erectile dysfunction refers to an inability on the part of the male partner to get erect posture of the penis.
- Metabolic syndrome.
- Neurological disorders.
- Pelvic surgery.
- Depression and psychiatric drugs.
- Psychological and interpersonal problems.
- Symptoms of benign prostate hyperplasia.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Premature Ejaculation (PE) (Spermatorrhoea), Erectile Dysfunction (ED) and Low Sperm Count (Oligozoospermia)
- Ashwagandha churna – 1 tsp with warm milk twice daily.
- Shilajeet – 1 capsule twice daily with water.
- Kiwancha – 2 tsp. with warm milk thrice daily.
- Vrahta-vangeshvara-rasa – 1 tablet thrice daily with milk and butter.
- Manamanthabhra rasa – 1 tablet with warm milk twice daily.
- Kawacha-pustika – 1 tsp. with warm milk twice daily.
- Sukhavirechana churana – 1-2 tsp. at night with warm milk.
Counselling will also help relieve symptoms in most cases.
Read about Ayurvedic experimental studies and clinical trials done on the following ayurvedic medicines here: Research Studies on PE and ED
- Sahastraputi Abhraka Bhasma
- Naga Bhasma
- Swarna vanga
- Vanga Bhasma
- Virya Sthambhak Vati
- Bhatia BS, Kale PG, Daoo JV, Panchal PP. Abhraka Bhasma treatment ameliorates proliferation of germinal epithelium after heat exposure in rats. Anc Sci Life 2012; 31: 171-80.
- Dash M, Joshi N, Dwivedi LK, Gupta RS. Spematogenic activity of Pushpadhanwa Rasa on Solanum xanthocaropum induced infertility w.s.r histopathological study. J Drug Res Ayur Sidd 2010; 31:1-18.
- Nagaraju V, Joshi D, Aryya NC. A study on the vrysa property (Testicular regenerative potential) of vanga bhasma. Anc Sci Life 1985; 5: 42-8.
- National Institutes of Health Web site. Impotence. NIH Consensus Statement. 1992; 10: 1–31.
- Otta SP, Tripaty RN. Clinical trial of Phalaghrita on female infertility. Anc Sci Life 2012; 22:56-63.
- Park JS, Kim GY, Han K. The spermatogenic and ovogenic effects of chronically administered Shilajit to rats. J Ethnopharmacol 2006; 107: 349-53.
- Randhir, Sharma LN. Clinical study of early ejaculation and its management with Virya Sthambhak Vati. J Res Ayur Siddh 2010; 31:23-34.
- Saksena,S. & Dixit,V.K. 91987), Role of the total alkaloids of Mucuna prurita Baker in spermatogenesis in albino rats,Indian J. Natl. Prod 1987; 3:
- Singh Maksoodan, Joshi Damodar, Arya NC. Studies on Testicular Regenerative Potential of Naga Bhasma. Ancient Sci Life 1989; 9:95-98.
- Singh R, Sharma G, Aryya NC, Joshi D, Kumar N. Toxicity study and testicular regeneration property of swarna vanga. Anc Sci Life 2012; 32:11.
To get more information and to buy ayurvedic products for relief from premature ejaculation (PE) and erectile dysfunction (ED), please click the links below: