Vanilla Essential Oil is anti oxidant, anti carcinogenic, anti depressant, ataractic, aphrodisiac, febrifuge, sedative as well as calming in nature.
If you forever believed that the term vanilla was a proprietary holding of all the companies producing those snowy white lip smacking ice creams, cakes, chocolates, pastries, biscuits and other confectioneries and did not serve any health benefits then you were completely mistaken.
The Vanilla Essential Oil is derived from solvent extraction of a tarry substance derived from soured vanilla beans. These beans come from vanilla plant, a creeper, mainly grown in Mexico and surrounding places. Its scientific name is Vanilla Planifolia.
However, you must take note that everything that has a tag of ‘vanilla flavour’ is not derived from vanilla beans. They are artificially flavoured by synthesising hydrocarbons, so you must be extra careful in checking the ingredients.
Health benefits of Vanilla Essential Oil
1. Anti Oxidant: This nature of Vanilla Essential oil tops all other health benefits of this flavoured essential oil. Oxidation is the chief reason behind many of the diseases and troubles. Oxidation is in some way responsible for a lot number of ailments caused by organic infections or malfunctions. The anti oxidant nature of Vanilla Essential Oil counterbalances the free radicals and safeguards the body against infections, degeneration as well as some kinds of cancerous development. It also helps in repairing the damages that have already happened to the body.
2. Aphrodisiac: Vanilla Essential Oil is very useful for those suffering from impotence, frigidity, erectile dysfunction, as well as lack of sexual desire can lessen the problem and be excessively beneficial. The Essential Oil enhances the secretion of some hormones such as testosterone and estrogen. This aids in improving sex life of a person as well as promotes arousal.
3. Anti Carcinogenic: The anti carcinogenic nature of Vanilla Essential oil, to some degree, comes from its anti-oxidant nature. The oxidation damages body tissues as well as cause some types of cancers. The components of Vanilla Essential Oil shuns growth of cancerous cells.
4. Febrifuge: The Vanilla Essential Oil has been found to be excessively effective in reducing fever by fighting against infections because of the presence of Eugenol and Vanillin Hydroxybenzaldehyde components in Vanilla.
5. Helps Cure Depression: You are alone in your room, sad and slightly depressed. Someone gets you a nice vanilla softy and bingo you get a smile on your face. The depression is somewhat gone. You feel kind of pleased and after a while you are in a better mood. The aroma of vanilla essential oil is enough to give you a happy feeling. If the vanilla ice cream actually contains original vanilla then it will do wonders for your mood. The aroma from artificial flavored vanilla will also play a good role in cheering you up. Vanillin Hydroxybenzaldehyde, an active component of Vanilla Oil, is an efficacious anti depressant and mood enhancer.
6. Soothing: The Vanilla Essential Oil is calming and relaxing. It eases the nerves and helps in getting rid of negative emotions such as anger, sadness, anxiety and restlessness. Once the negative emotions are gone you feel more relaxed. It helps in improving your sleep patterns.
7. Menstruation: Vanilla Oil aids in regulating menstrual cycle by activating hormones such as estrogen.
Efficiency of vanilla, patchouli and ylang ylang essential oils stabilized by iron [email protected] nanostructures against bacterial adherence and biofilms formed by Staphylococcus aureus and Klebsiella pneumoniae clinical strains.