Kidney cleanse? Doesn’t it sound like going to a doctor and getting a treatment?
Well, kidney cleanse diet is a self cleansing technique that you can do anytime while at home or in office. It is simply consuming adequate fluids, fruits and vegetables that have rich water content.
The #1 job of the kidneys is to keep our blood clean and healthy. Everyday the kidneys process about 200 quarts of blood to help remove almost two quarts of waste products. From all the refined products that we eat, the air that we breathe our body gets filled with toxins. It is therefore very necessary to do a kidney cleanse to flush out these toxic substances. The kidney flush is efficient in removing the toxins which if left alone can lead to kidney stones. The cleansing also boosts immunity and prevents kidney infection.
It’s hard for your kidneys to flush toxins out of your system if you’re dehydrated. So there is no magic that works better than drinking a lot of water.
Essential Foods to Cleanse Kidneys –
- Cranberry – helps keep the urinary bladder acidic and prevents infections as bacteria needs alkaline environment to thrive. Also, prevent bacteria from attaching to the wall of the bladder so infection cannot stick around inside the body. These tiny berries may also be helpful for cleansing the kidneys of excess calcium oxalate which is one of the main contributors to kidney stones. Pick up the organic tetra pack and one that is free of added sugars. However, there is nothing better than making a fresh cranberry juice at home to serve the purpose as part of kidney cleanse diet.
- Barley Water – has always been an integral part of kidney cleansing program. This traditionally acclaimed drink is effective in cleansing kidneys because it flushes out all the toxic materials out of the body through urine. It revives the functioning of the kidney and therefore must be consumed on a regular basis. Take a table spoon of barley seeds and add a litre of water to it. Boil the water until the quantity is brought to half. You can keep consuming it through out the day. It is also beneficial to maintain the creatinine levels.
- Pomegranate Seeds – Pomegrante has astringent properties and is highly hydrating which when consumed regularly makes them a good choice to ward off kidney problems. A tbsp of pomegranate seeds ground into fine paste given along with a cup of horse gram soup is the simplest and one of the most effective home remedies for kidney flush. Decoction made from the rind/outer skin of pomegranate mixed with pomegranate fruit paste, should be consumed daily for the treatment of kidney stones.
- Coconut Water – Its diuretic properties promote the production of urine and also helps flush out excessive calcium, phosphate and uric acid from the kidneys thereby preventing formation of kidney stones. L-arginine present in coconut water helps the kidneys to filter out the toxins from the foods and drinks we consume daily. Tender coconut water mixed with 1 tbsp castor oil should be taken at bed time. This is an effective home remedy in case of kidney diseases.
- Beetroot – this is the best vegetable for liver and kidney cleansing. You need to have it in the juice form. Consumption of beetroot juice clears calcium phosphate build up from the kidneys, preventing formation of stones. However, if you are diagnosed with kidney stones then it must be avoided as it is high in oxalic acid.
- Grapefruit – rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants this sweet sour fruit is a must ingredient in kidney cleansing. The fibre of the grapefruit helps to flush the system of wastes and ridding the body of toxins. Additionally, the pectin present prevents the formation of kidney stones.
- Watermelon – due to its high percentage of water it has mild diuretic properties. It supports the kidneys and improves its function also. You could do a watermelon fast for one day for kidney cleansing. Eating the sliced fruit or juicing it up or making a tasty smoothie of it and rid the body of excessive fluids.
Other recommended fruits and vegetables apart from the ones mentioned above include Papaya, Banana, Apples, Celery, Asparagus, Pumpkin and legumes like soy and kidney beans.
- A fruit mocktail prepared of apples, peaches, pineapple, and pears, orange is beneficial in maintaining kidney health.
- Parsley detoxifies the kidneys and prevents kidney stones. Add 2 tbsp of freshly chopped parsley to 2 cups of boiling water. Let it boil for a few minutes. Let the mix sit for 5 minutes. Strain and drink it when cool.
- Juice prepared of celery stalks mixed with parsley springs, cucumber and lemon juice along with 2 cups of water, can be taken daily to cleanse the kidneys.
Say hello to good health by eating foods to cleanse kidneys with kidney cleanse diet!