Pleural effusion is a condition where there is collection of fluid in your pleural cavity. Pleural cavity is the space between your lungs and chest cavity.
Common Causes of Pleural Effusion
- Bacterial/Viral Infections.
- Liver cirrhosis.
- Heart failure.
- Renal disorder.
Symptoms of Pleural Effusion
Signs and symptoms vary according to the underlying cause of effusion. General symptoms are:
- Pain and discomfort in your chest.
- Difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath.
- Feeling of tightness in the chest.
Treatment also varies and depends upon the cause of Pleural effusion. This includes
- Medication for pain management and fever.
- If you have large accumulated fluid, intercostal drainage has to be done.
Ayurvedic Management of Pleural Effusion
- Boil few pinch of Turmeric in a glass of milk and drink once daily
- Try drinking Ginger tea instead of normal coffee / tea
- Herbs like Punarnava, Triphala, Pushkaramula, Yashtimadhu, Dashamoola, Guduchi, etc., are beneficial.
- Avoid smoking, tobacco and alcohol consumption
- Minimize the exposure to air pollutants, allergens and dust