Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are the infections spread through sexual contact, blood,semen and other bodily fluids from an infected person to you. It can also spread from infected mother to the foetus.
Causes of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Various microorganisms like viruses, bacterias, and parasites.
- Having unprotected sex and multiple sexual partners.
- Needle sharing during drug abuse.
- Transfusing blood and giving injections without safety precautions.
Common Sexually Transmitted Diseases and the Causative Organisms
Common Signs and Symptoms of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sores in the genital region.
- Abnormal discharge.
- Pain in the lower abdomen and pain during the sex.
- Swelling of lymph nodes.
If you suspect you may be infected, promptly report to the doctor. Take proper treatment and precautions to avoid the spread of infection to others.
Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Avoid unprotected sex and multiple sexual partners.
- Make sure your doctor uses disposable needles while giving injections.
- Take safety and sterile precautions while undergoing the blood transfusion.
- If you are pregnant, contact your doctor and take proper treatment to prevent infection to your newborn.
- Don’t become the victim of drug abuse.