The incidence of COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) in India is a whopping 14.84 million Sadly, the main cause for COPD in India is a lifestyle choice – tobacco smoking! Smokers who develop COPD are also at a much higher risk of developing lung cancer. By the year 2030, COPD is estimated to become the 3rd leading cause of death! (Source of data: ICMR)
Do you smoke? Do you know anyone in your family or friends’ circle who smokes? May be it’s time to stop smoking and stop the damage to your already battered lungs. If you have been putting it off and need help to stop smoking, try these tips:
1. Set a deadline. Unless you have a fixed date, you are not going to do it! For some people quitting cold turkey is the only way they can stop smoking but for others a gradual reduction in the number of cigarettes they smoke in a day is the best way to go. You have to be the one to decide the best method for you.
2. Tell all your loved ones that you are going to quit by that date. Once you’ve told somebody, you would find it more difficult to back out.
3. Plan for coping with strong desires to reach for a smoke and for withdrawal symptoms. Educate yourself on what your common triggers are that induce an urge in you to smoke. The more you know about your habits, the better equipped you will be to stick to your resolve.
4. Get rid of your cigarettes from all the usual places – do you keep them in your bedside drawer? your car? office desk?
5. Talk to a health care professional about your desire to quit smoking and ask for smoking cessation aids.
To get more information and to buy a completely safe and effective herbal smoking cessation aid in easy to take tablet form, please click on the link below:
LifeHerbs Herbal Smoking Cessation Aid (BigCig)